Doncaster Station Canopy
The brief for the Doncaster Station project includes the following:
- Restructuring the car park
- Creation of new pedestrian zone / public square
- Dedicated drop-off facilities for all vehicle types
- Design needed to accommodate the recommendations following our instigation of a Threat Vulnerability risk assessment (TVRA)
- Removal of existing canopy
- Design for and installation of new canopy
- New totems
- New public seating / waiting area
- Creation of new taxi rank
The project has involved considerable stakeholder consultation and combined working with the local authority design team to ensure integration within the wider public realm strategy.
Detailed Design included sensitive treatment and insertions into the existing listed station building: Early consultation with the conservation team ensured that listed building approval was obtained.